ABOUT MAIN LAKE
This lake is for the accomplished angler only. There are 350 fish in 3 acres of water with carp to over 40lb and cats to over 100lb.
This lake was drained and doubled in size in 2010 with all the silt being removed. It was restocked with carp all above 20lb and approximately 100 cats.
There have been over 10 different 100lb catfish caught to 112lb in the last 6 months (2016). There are at least 2 cats that have not been landed for 2 years which will be in the region of 125-130lb. Although they have been hooked many times – and came very close to being landed – alas no one has banked them.
The gauntlet has now been laid down to all you cat anglers to come and join the elite Crow Green 100lb club!
There is also a very good stock of pike to over 20lb for those pike anglers.
- All anglers are to be in possession of a EA fishing licence
- No barbed hooks
- No boiled nuts
- No float fishing
- No live baiting (dead baits only for pike) No spinning
- No Dog
- No fires
- Please place all litter in bins provided this includes cigarette butts
- Cat fishing must be in pairs
- Minimum 25lb line for cat fishing
- Large slide mat, 200lb scales, tripod, cat weigh sling and cat landing net MUST be used
- All these products can be acquired through Catfish Pro – 01252-614066
- Large unhooking mat minimum of 1200mm (4ft – double up if fishing for cats)
- Minimum 42inch landing (carp)
- Minimum 18lb line (carp)
- Medicarp or similar products to be used by all anglers if necessary
FISHERY RULES AND REGULATIONS
All anglers must not enter the fishery until they have left all their equipment soaking in the dip tanks for 20 minutes. This is to prevent the spread of the KHV virus. Items include the following:
- Unhooking mats
- Weigh slings
- Landing net float aids
Anyone found not dipping will be asked the leave the fishery.
All persons parking and entering the fishery do so entirely at their own risk. The fishery shall not be held responsible for any loss/theft or damage that may occur to their property.